Insurance of license loss & training costs
Insurance coverage for:
- Loss of Pilot licence due to medical condition
- Zero to ATPL training expenses
Insurance is designed to meet the needs of student pilots and pilots, who wish to protect themselves against being declared unfit to complete their pilot training course or from loss of commercial pilot license after already completing the training.
What is insured?
- An injury or illness which prevents you from completing the training course that would enable you to obtain a commercial pilot’s licence or type rating. Up to the amount shown in your schedule.
- An injury or illness which prevents you from acting in the capacity for which the licence or certificate would be held, if you have completed the training course and:
- a long-term fitness assessment has been issued by the licence issuing authority; or
- our medical adviser considers you are unlikely to regain your licence for a further 36 months.
- Up to the amount shown in your schedule.
- We will also pay the necessary and reasonable food and accommodation expenses if you cannot complete the training course.
We will provide you with additonal information upon your request.